Thursday, July 22, 2010

Anniversary Greatness


Did you know there are official present-types for each and every anniversary? I didn't. But Simon's Mom is into it, and he enjoys looking it up each year. This year, he brought out the big guns. He looked up each and every different "official" gift for a fourth-year anniversary. Included in the options: fruit, flowers and linens. Yes, linens. Weird, I know. So check out the photo of what I got. First, the gorgeous flower arrangement--he picked out the flowers himself. Caleb especially liked the purple snap dragons. Second, he and Caleb colored me an apple. Third, that candle is "Clean Cotton" scented! Isn't that great? A thoughtful husband is worth more than anything.
(Also pictured: the sweet card that came with the flowers. It made me cry.)

2 comments:

Edi said...

I just emailed this post to David, to spur him on to bigger and greater anniversary commemerances.

Unknown said...

You should get him a chart of the anniversary "official gifts!" That way, he won't feel as much creative pressure. You could even doctor the chart a little. i.e., if you really wanted a new food processor, bada-bing, guess what the 5-year present just happens to be! Haha...I take no responsibility for the way this idea pan out.