Monday, March 28, 2011

I am a wannabe Pioneer Woman

Oh man.  I got it bad.

I have a crush of major proportions.  Ree Drummond, you make my heart beat with joy!

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, Ree Drummond, Hardcover

I have read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels one and a half times since yesterday afternoon at around 4:00.

Yes, my house is a disaster, and my kids drank Carnation Instant Breakfasts this morning.  Worth it.

I am fully aware that I may be the last person IN THE WORLD to jump on this popular train.  Here's the thing--I've had her blog bookmarked for a long time, liked her recipes, etc.  But this book made me truly fall utterly in love with her.  What a great read--why don't they make more books like that?  Note to self. I must write one.

Read it.  Read it to get away from your living room, read it to laugh, and maybe cry (especially if your hormones, like mine, are in permanent cry-mode since your last child), read it to feel hope and inspiration and to fall in love with your own husband all over again.  It's one of those.  It's also, clearly, a quick read.  Which is great for those of us who have more important things than reading to get done!

Also read it to get away from the awful, oh-so-numerous skinny-smart-woman-married-to-dumb-fatass sitcom. I hate those.  Why does Hollywood think making the men in those things DUMB will give the women the leg up?  Those women are the dumb ones, to me, for having married lazy, ignorant, emotionally stunted selfish pigs.  Wow. I had some serious feelings about that.  I may need to return to that in another blog.

Anyway, as a good friend of mine recently told me over a delicious lunch at La Duni, it's a book about a Real Man, and woman truly in love with him.  Nothing pretentious or troubled, and so refreshing to see that devotion and love played out in someone else's life besides my own.

Also, it is perhaps the most gorgeous book I have ever owned.  No, not perhaps.  It is.  The cover alone makes me very, very happy.

So grab it!  Let me know what you think!  Also...if you have any ranch land for sale, I'm thinking I might want to get going on that.

Finally, check out Ree's blog at www.thepioneerwoman.com.  You will thank me, if you haven't already read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Did you see the KITCHEN AID stand mixer that they were giving away that was painted to match the cover of her book!?!