Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rubber Ducky Cake








I made this for my nephew, Titus' first birthday!  Isn't it cute?  I had such a fun time making it, and it really wasn't that much work!

I found it on this website:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/videos/specialty-cakes-and-desserts/birthday-cake-videos

I intend to make Caleb the train for his birthday, October 1.  I actually intend to become a cake genius, a la Cake Boss.  (If you have never seen Cake Boss, watch it.  It's available instantly on Netflix!  Just don't blame me when your husband decides he must run to the grocery store and buy a cake from the bakery.  I am not exaggerating here, either.)

Here are a few more angles of Ducky:


And he was very sweetly and happily enjoyed by the birthday boy:


And this was what he ended up looking like:



I think he liked it!

2 comments:

Katie Norwood said...

WOW!!!! This is like the cutest cake ever! I'm super impressed. It really looks professional! Can't wait to see the train :-)

Anonymous said...

Abbie, this is fabulous! Yours looks even better than the one on the website! Let me know if you find an airplane; I'd like to try to make one for Henry.